Develop the knowledge and skill required to conduct a survey of a healthcare organization’s system according to AACI International Accreditation Standards.
Over 4 days you’ll gain the knowledge and skills required to undertake and lead a successful accreditation survey. You’ll acquire the skills to plan, conduct, report and follow up a survey that establishes conformity and enhances overall organizational performance. You will sit a 2 hour exam to test your knowledge and understanding.
You should have a good knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 and the key principles of a QMS. It will also help if you have attended an accreditation internal surveyor course or have experience with conducting internal surveys.
The candidate must justify relevant work experience within the intended healthcare discipline. Specific requirements for the healthcare specialties are as follows:
The Clinical Surveyor participant shall:
- Be able to demonstrate qualification to be a physician or nurse;
- Has worked in a healthcare organisation for a minimum of ten (10) years as physician or nurse in accordance with local requirements and/or legislation.
The Generalist/PE Surveyor participant shall:
- Have a minimum of a tertiary education;
- Have worked for a minimum of five (5) years in an administrative, technical or clinical position in a healthcare organisation.
- Be able to demonstrate competence and specific training in the area of health and safety management (including fire safety) in healthcare facilities;
- Have worked for at least five (5) years with at least two of these years within a healthcare organisation in a position that addresses facilities management, risk management or safety management.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Gain the skills to plan, conduct, report and follow up a survey in accordance with the AACI Operational Manual
- Identify the benefits of an accreditation system
- Apply for the practical qualification process for Surveyor/Lead Surveyor
- It’s a 4-day course
- Lunch and drinks are included
- The training and materials will be provided in English
- A copy of the AACI International Accreditation Standard will be provided
- On completion, you’ll be awarded an AACI certificate.
8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Cancellation, Transfer, Substitution, and “No-Show” Policy:
More than 30 days to the start date of the course, a registrant may:
- Request to cancel a registration and receive a full refund, or
- Request to transfer to a different class at no charge.
15-29 days prior to the start date of the course:
- Request to cancel a registration and receive a 50% refund, or
- Request a transfer to a different class and remit a $100 fee to process a transfer.
Less than 15 days prior to the start date of the course (including no-shows on the day of the course), no refunds or transfers are provided.
Training can be delivered at your location. Based on your learning needs we could provide a customized in-house training course for your team.