A Risk Register is a management tool that enables an organisation to understand its comprehensive risk profile. It is simply a repository for all risk information. This repository becomes the hub of the internal control system, given that it should contain the objectives, risks and controls for the whole organisation. It therefore makes sense for the organisations review of internal control to be centred round the risk register.
Why does my organisation require a risk register?
To be effective, an organization’s risk management plan requires the development and maintenance of an ongoing process that enables the identification, analysis, evaluation, and treatment of risks that may impact the organisation. This knowledge further enables the prioritisation of actions to reduce these risks to an acceptable level.
Main elements of the one day course:
- Formulating a risk register – using proactive and reactive sources of information to identify risk
- Amalgamating organisational and clinical risk
- Evaluating risk – Separating those which are tolerable and those which are unacceptable, and the use of a risk matrix.
- Integrating the risk register into management processes
- How risk management can be devolved to different levels within the organisation.
The course will use case studies, interactive exercises and real examples to illustrate learning points.
Fo more information and registration please visit http://aacihealthcare.com/services/training/