Develop the knowledge and skill required to conduct a survey of a healthcare organization’s system according to AACI International Accreditation Standards.
Over 4 days you’ll gain the knowledge and skills required to undertake and lead a successful accreditation survey. You’ll acquire the skills to plan, conduct, report and follow up a survey that establishes conformity and enhances overall organizational performance. You will sit a 2 hour exam to test your knowledge and understanding.
You should have a good knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 and the key principles of a QMS. It will also help if you have experience with conducting internal accreditation surveys within your healthcare organization.
AACI is recognized as a provider of continuing physician and nursing education by the Medical Chamber and Nursing Chamber.
This program has been approved for 25 credit points.
Applicants with no previous experience of surveying should complete a minimum of one (1) observation survey prior to commencement of the classroom training. The intent is to provide the potential surveyor with an insight to the surveying process before any formal training takes place.
The candidate must justify relevant work experience within the intended healthcare discipline. Specific requirements for the healthcare specialties are as follows:
The Clinical Surveyor participant shall:
- Be able to demonstrate qualification to be a physician or nurse;
- Has worked in a healthcare organisation for a minimum of ten (10) years as physician or nurse in accordance with local requirements and/or legislation.
The Generalist/PE Surveyor participant shall:
- Have a minimum of a tertiary education;
- Have worked for a minimum of five (5) years in an administrative, technical or clinical position in a healthcare organisation.
- Be able to demonstrate competence and specific training in the area of health and safety management (including fire safety) in healthcare facilities;
- Have worked for at least five (5) years with at least two of these years within a healthcare organisation in a position that addresses facilities management, risk management or safety management.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Gain the skills to plan, conduct, report and follow up a survey in accordance with the AACI Operational Manual
- Identify the benefits of an accreditation system
- Apply for the practical qualification process for Surveyor/Lead Surveyor
Participants are required to sit a written examination of two hours duration. The examination papers are supplied by AACI and have been developed for use on lead surveyor courses in accordance with regulations specified by AACI, including the regulations for obtaining AACI surveyor registration. Participants who fail the written examination, but otherwise complete the course satisfactorily, may re-sit an AACI examination with no cost involved.
- It’s a 4-day course
- Lunch and drinks are included
- The training and materials will be provided in English
- A copy of the AACI International Accreditation Standard will be provided
- On completion, you’ll be awarded an AACI certificate.
Class Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Cancellation, Transfer, Substitution, and “No-Show” Policy:
More than 30 days to the start date of the course, a registrant may:
- Request to cancel a registration and receive a full refund, or
- Request to transfer to a different class at no charge.
15-29 days prior to the start date of the course:
- Request to cancel a registration and receive a 50% refund, or
- Request a transfer to a different class and remit a $100 fee to process a transfer.
Less than 15 days prior to the start date of the course (including no-shows on the day of the course), no refunds or transfers are provided.
Training can be delivered at your location. Based on your learning needs we could provide a customized in-house training course for your team.